Did you know in 2013, 36 million, 73% of adults in Great Britain accessed the Internet every day (National Statistics – Internet Access) but, there are still areas within Great Britain that are poorly connected which can have a negative impact on business operations.
Businesses need internet connection to communicate with customers, suppliers and stakeholders, they need to be able to use social media, business cloud applications and much, much more.
With a faster internet connection companies can benefit from:-
- Improve reliability and speed of service
- Improve competitiveness in local and international markets leading to business growth
- Enable better communication with stakeholders
- Increase productivity with more efficient working
- Better data storage and accessibility
To help improve connections for businesses and to support economic growth the UK Government is currently running a Connection Voucher scheme across the UK. The scheme offers ‘connection vouchers’ worth up to £3000 to help small to medium size businesses, Charities and Social Enterprises to help towards improving or upgrading their current broadband connectivity.
The 22 SuperConnected Cities within the programme are: Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Bradford, Brighton and Hove, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Coventry, Derby, Derry/Londonderry, Edinburgh, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Newport, Oxford, Perth, Portsmouth, Salford, York.
You could be considered for a grant if you:-
- are based in an eligible area
- a SME, Charity or Social Enterprise
- have not received more than approximately £120k in grants in the last 3 years
- select a service that delivers speed or performance improvements
- are willing to sign up for a minimum 6 months contract with chosen supplier
The maximum £3000 grant can be used towards initial installation charges and the organisation will need to pay for all ongoing monthly charges which can differ from current costs depending on which type of connect you choose.
The connections such as Fibre To The Premise (FTTP), Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC), Fibre on demand, Fixed Wireless Access, Ethernet First Mile (EFM), Microwave, Ethernet Leaseline and Wireless Leaselines could all potentially qualify for the government connections voucher scheme.
As a listed supplier, if you are interested and would like to discuss further please feel free to email us below or give us a call on 0845 603 5552.